Adventures Along the Pacific Coast
The past two weeks have been fulfilling–and full–as I’ve made my way north through the Pacific coast states. Since leaving Los Angeles after three wonderful days there, I’ve been having a blast behind the wheel of the vehicle I dubbed the Wander-Wagon, freewheeling along Pacific Coast Highway/California Highway 1 taking in the sights and smells of the Golden State and then up along Highway 101 which runs through California up into Washington State.
I’ve collected so many memories and stories from this soujourn along the California Coast and up into the Pacific Northwest, but these are a few of my favorites:
- Hiking in one of America’s more remote and forgotten National Parks
- Meeting the locals in Morro Bay, including a well-known central California coast artist
- Waking to the sound of waves in San Simeon and to the sound of birds in Big Sur
- Being bullied by brazen squirrels (not nearly as funny as it sounds!)
- One word: Yosemite. Two words: Half Dome (what a story I have to tell you guys! Wait for it…)
- Stopping by the location where an iconic movie (which happens to be one of my favorites) was filmed
- The incredibly creative Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland, Oregon
- All the wonderful people I’ve met on my journey so far. So many new stories from so many different perspectives. Older folks (a pair of octogenarians in Morro Bay) to younger folks (a budding actor in L.A) to almost anyone and everyone in between. My life feels enriched by my brief contact with each of these people and I’m excited for you to meet them.
I’m finally in Seattle now after speeding through Oregon (I’m sorry, Oregon!) and about to start my journey here. It feels like a new beginning. I hope it is!
Looking forward to hearing about your own summer adventures,